Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day and the UPS Man



Happy, happy Mother's Day! I hated being away from my mom this year. I never appreciated her like she deserves until this year. My mom has three children, and I am only 18 months younger than one of my brothers. How did she do it???



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it when the UPS man comes. Our family and friends have been so generous, and since we live a thousand miles away, we get boxes delivered often, and I LOVE it! When I hear the UPS driving down our street, I get that funny feeling inside. You know the feeling!

It really doesn't matter what is in the box, I just love opening the tape. I even keep sharp sizzors handy. Well, on Friday, I heard the big engine coming down the street. I was holding Kohen, and I told him "our favorite delivery man is here." Sure enough...the doorbell rang, and I opened the door to find a large box from a flower delivery service. Kohen really out did himself for Mother's Day! He sent me the most beautiful roses (via Grandma Kay-Thank you Mom!), and the card read, "From your little weed." I rushed to get him to sleep so I could open the big box. What a great day!

On Sunday morning, I went to feed him in the middle of the night, and he had a balloon, a singing card, and a LARGE chocolate bar in his crib waiting for me! Later in the morning, he took me to brunch at my favorite breakfast restaraunt. It was such a great day!

For all the new moms and the experienced moms, I hope your day was filled with joy.

No comments: