Too short, too fast-that is really the only way to describe out recent trip to Arkansas. We flew in on a Friday, and the whirlwind began. These pictures aren't in any specific order, but hopefully, it will give you an idea. Kohen is recovering, and so are we! It was an exhausting trip, but we wouldn't have had it any other way! We just wish we could have spent more time with everyone.
We played and played with our adorable nieces and nephews. This is a picture of Kyle and Allie Kay. She said she "hated me" but Kyle was "her friend." I'll remember that when Christmas rolls around!

We had breakfast with my dad, his girlfriend and grandkids, and my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Ernie.

I finally got to see my brother, RJ. He's a dad to four beautiful children, and I miss all of them so much!

And, finally, Grandma Kay (my mom) got to rock her baby. She is one proud Grandma, and Kohen loves her so much!

Kohen with his Grandpa Mitchell (my dad). They were both sporting hats while they had breakfast!

Here are all of my nieces and nephews, including one cousin, Joseph. I had to pay all of them a dollar for this picture. My niece got me for $1.75. Women are always smarter with money :)

Me, Kohen, Aunt Sandy, and Uncle Ernie. Aunt Sandy is my dad's sister, and she is the first person to get me to wear a dress. When I was 5 years old, I thought I was a boy. I refused to wear anything girly, but for $20, Aunt Sandy talked me into wearing a purple dress.

My best friend Misty is pregnant with twin girls. She is due in December, and Kohen enjoyed meeting them in Mimi's tummy!

Kohen and his Pa Pa and Nanny.

Kohen rode on the tractor with his Pa Pa. I've done this many times myself.

Kohen loves dogs, so when my Aunt Zinda showed up with her dog, Kohen fell in love with her and her dog!

Pa Pa helped me feed Kohen. We tried to stay on a schedule, but after the first day, we just threw the schedule out the window!

Before we left for Northwest Arkansas, we celebrated with the Johnson family. Kyle's Granny and Grandpa are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. Can you believe that? I can only pray that Kohen will spend 60 years with the same women.

After the anniversary, we dashed home, changed clothes and ran to Kyle's 10 year high school reunion. Here we are with Kyle's good buddy Jason and his wonderful wife, Katie. They have a son named Zach, and we were able to spend a little time with them in Fayetteville.

Kyle and his high school buddies.

Oh, it is totally disgusting, but I had to add this picture. Kohen had his first massive blowout on our way to Fayetteville. Of course, he waited to have his "moment" until we were on the road. Oh, the joys of parenting!

After driving to Northwest Arkansas, we dropped Kohen off with his Grandma Kay, and I helped throw a shower for Misty.

Kohen and his Uncle Tim

Granny and Grandpa

Granny and Grandpa with almost all of their great grandkids.

Kohen and his cousin, Brayden.

Here you have one very happy Nana! Kohen and Brayden are just about one month apart.
My baby brother, Sugar!

Kyle, my dad, and Kohen.

My dad, Kohen, Malachi, and Kira.

Taylor, Kohen's cousin, who is a freshman at the U of A.

Kohen and Carter, hanging out at the mall. Carter is Misty's 2 year old son, who is about to be a big brother!

Kohen and Mimi!

Kohen and Nanny.

My mom canned about 30 or more cans of hot peppers. I just think they are beautiful!

One of the highlights of my trip-I finally got to hold Tilly Warford again, Kyle's best friend's baby girl! She is such a doll! Eric and Leslie took us out to Mexican food.

Kohen met Uncle D.G., who is Kyle's great uncle.

Kohen finally got his very own Razorback hat that fits him PERFECTLY!

Another highlight-Kohen got to meet Robbie and Phil Capel. Mr. Capel was Kyle's soccer coach and our deacon at Faith. He and Robbie have been life-long friends of the Johnson family, and when I came into the family, they just took me in too! Kyle has admired this couple since he was a young boy! I'm so glad Kohen will know them too!

Kyle enjoyed his favorite pizza! Yum, Yum!

Kohen enjoyed playing in his cousins walker.

We enjoyed home-made pie at Granny and Grandpa's party.

Uncle Kyle got to tickle his nephew!

Here, Kohen is being held by one of the finest ladies in the world. He already loves his Aunt Jennifer!

Okay, so it isn't the best family picture, but I at least want Kohen to know that I was there!

As usual, Kohen cuddled and slept on his daddy. He did great on the plane ride!

Brayden is very serious, especially when it is dinner time!

Kohen could care less...he doesn't need food! He'd rather laugh at everyone!

Saturday morning I walked the Race for the Cure with Dana and JoAnna.

1 comment:
I can't believe we didn't get to meet Kohen! :( It definitely looks like you guys had a busy trip
Post a Comment