Kohen is 9 months old today! 9 months ago, I was sitting in Durham Regional with Kyle and my best friend, Misty, just hangin' out watching basketball. I'm writing this post at 9am, and at 9am 9 months ago, Misty walked downstairs to find us dressed and making breakfast. She said, "Boy, ya'll are dressed up for breakfast..." I told her I had my "pushin' clothes on." It took her about 10 seconds to figure out that I was in labor (she's quick!), and she dashed up the stairs to get herself dressed and ready to head to the hospital! I wasn't nervous, just excited! Kohen didn't arrive until late at night, but we had a heck of a time at the hospital. I was just thinking that Misty is having her twins exactly 9 months, to the day!, after I had Kohen. So, she was either pregnant when she was here, OR Chris really missed her while she was gone!
Kohen was first held by his momma and daddy, but his Aunt Misty cuddled him secondly. She even helped Kyle to decide on his name, which my dad said he didn't like the name (Thanks, dad.) and our grandparents called, "Colon." I have so much to say about Kohen/Colon, but I've got butterflies in my stomach for Misty!
In 9 months, I've learned so much. I've learned that I need to make a lot of changes in my life-still! I've got to let some things go. I've got to learn that laundry will get done, and it is okay if a Cheerio crunches under my feet, despite my best efforts to vacuum, sweep, mom, vacuum, sweep, mop... Kohen is the greatest blessing of our life. He LOVES his daddy. He will only say "dadadadadada" and despite my best efforts to remind him that it is his MaMa that spends 23 hours a day with him, he still only says "Dada." The Johnson men have this way of making each other laugh, but everyone else just rolls their eyes. They really aren't funny. Well, Kohen and Kyle do their best to make those Johnson jokes. The best "stupid" joke he and Kyle have is when I cuddle up with Kohen, tuck my head on his shoulder in hopes that he will cuddle with me, and then I'll say, "Kohen, give mom kisses. Mamamam mamaama mamama." He responds with, "Dada!" He does all of this while starring Kyle straight in the eyes. They both crack up over it too! What am I going to do with myself and these boys?
I'll have lots of Christmas pictures to post soon, but in the meantime, I thought I'd post a little video of what we were doing exactly 9 months ago...
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the video! Happy 9 month birthday Mr. Kohen!
Post a Comment