Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kohen at 10 months

Kohen is just a few days shy of his 10 month birthday. Of course, he's doing wonderful, and thankfully, the kid is eating us out of house and home! Kohen has never been an eater. He hated food, and it wasn't uncommon for us to beg and plead with him to drink his bottle and eat his food. My mom came a few weeks ago, and the day after she left, the kid started eating and he hasn't stopped. What an answer to our prayers! We know he's going through a growth spurt, but it is so pleasing to see my little man eat (and eat and eat!)

He drinks an 8 ounce bottle 5 times a day. He eats the equivalent of two containers of food at most meals with puffs, cheerios, most of my food, and raisins. He LOVES raisins. He grabs the bottle out of our hands and starts eating all on his own. He even tips it up to get the last drop out. He's gained weight, grown even longer, and FINALLY, he's getting hair. I was starting to wonder if he would need a haircut before even his 3rd birthday, but rest assured, I'll be taking the big man with me to get hair do's before his 2nd birthday. Bald is beautiful though, especially when I think about how much more it will cost me to add Kohen to the hair appointments :)

Kohen pulls up on the couch now, cruises from chair to chair (sorta. He usually falls.), tries to push chairs around the house, plays cars on Hank's back, sticks his tongue out, says "baba", "dada", and "lala". It drives me crazy that he won't say "mama", but I'm not giving up. I "caught" Kohen climbing up the steps a few days ago. I walked to the kitchen to put up his bottle, and when I came back, he was on the third step. I'll baby proof the house today (I'm sighing because now there will be even more baby stuff around our house!) And, the most wonderful (saying this sarcastically, of course) thing Kohen does is pull up on his crib. When we put Kohen down in his bed, we softly place him on his back and before his head even hits the mattress, he flips over like a little dolphin, and pulls himself up the side of the crib. He then continues to do a kangaroo hop while throwing out the 10 pacifiers we've left in his crib, in hopes that we will get at least 5 more minutes of sleep. Once he's thrown all of the pacifiers overboard, he screams. I don't mean that he whimpers or softly sighs, he screams and screams and screams. After what seems to be an eternity, he eventually sits down/falls down and crashes into the mattress.

Lately, his favorite food is dog food, the expensive, Iams version that we give our poor, neglected dog. He enjoys water to drink, but only if it is straight from the dog bowl and usually after he's seen the dog drink out of it.

He mostly enjoys watching me vacuum. I do it often (like twice a day!), and Kohen picks up any puffs or Cheerios that the Kenmore leaves behind. He is also enjoying books more. His Aunt Misty sent him a number book, and he LOVES it. The book is filled with pictures of gorgeous gals, so he checks them out while I read the words to him.

For the most part, my baby is turning into a little toddler, and we don't like it. I feel like he'll be driving any day now, which Kyle doesn't like to even consider. He had to work from Friday morning to Sunday morning, which meant that we didn't see him and Kyle commented that Kohen had changed even in those three days. Enjoy seeing pictures of our little man. In just two short months, we'll celebrate his 1rst birthday, complete with a Mickey Mouse cake (same one Kyle had when he turned one), sweet BBQ, big balloons and balls, banners, and lots of friends. The plans are already in the works! Now, I need to finish his one year book, get it published, and I need to finish his one year movie that I made him. I've already told Kyle and Amanuel that I will be too busy for them during the month of February!

Kohen: Hey...uh...more food, please!

I love fish!

Let me out of here!


BUSTED! Kohen was trying to make his own dinner. Actually, I've been known to just sit down in front of the fridge in hopes that something will just fly in my mouth too. He comes by this naturally :)


No comments: