Oprah does it, so why can't I? Well, I won't be giving out free stuff, but I wanted to share a few of my new favorite things.
Recommendation #1:
I LOVE TOMS shoes. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law sent me a pair of TOMS, and they are AWESOME! I wear them with EVERYTHING, even if they don't match. I walked all over DC in them, and I wear them all day-everyday. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. For each pair of TOMS that are purchased, the company will donate one pair of TOMS to a child in need. The company has given almost 400,000 pair of shoes to kids in Africa. I am about to order 3 or 4 more pairs (I'm having a hard time deciding on the patterns I like most!) If you live in the NW Arkansas area, I know that Mason's carries the shoes, but otherwise, you may just need to order them online at www.tomshoes.com
Recommendation #2:
I just found out about this last night. We have a cousin, who is 19 and lives in Little Rock. He's an Arkansas Baptist alum, and he's one creative guy. Caleb Harris started his own t-shirt company, and in the last few days, he launched his own website. The t-shirts are adorable, and I've ordered 6 of them! By the way, Caleb has applied to a summer intership with TOMS shoes, so hopefully he'll get to do a shoe drop this summer!
Here's his mission, cut directly from his site:
Our mission is to convey a positive message through inspirational clothing. We're starting on a series of shirts based around different parts of a tree. So far, the series consists of 3 different designs: Fruits, Branches, and Roots. Fruits has the Olive Tree logo, with a collection of fruits of the Spirit coming out of it. Branches is a reflection on John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches." On the bottom branch of the design, you will see that it says "We are the branches." Roots is based around the idea of standing your ground. The slogan, "Take Root. Bear Fruit." conveys a message of standing up for what you believe in, and showing the fruits of that belief in your life daily.
Our will for Olive Tree Clothing is to build a clothing label that people can relate to. Whether you are a Christian or not, we want to spread light to the world. Our generation needs a positive message. We can be that message.
Ultimately, Olive Tree Clothing aspires to be a Non-Profit Organization. Help us reach that goal through merchandise sales and donations. This is as much your company as it is ours. Be a part of something big!
We are so proud of Caleb! And, the shirts are really cute!
http://www.olivetreeclothing.bigcartel.com/
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment