So, with no further adieu...Dr. Amanuel Zewdu Gebeyehu
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Dr. Amanuel
For the past three days, Amanuel experienced life as a doctor. From the very first day Amanuel arrived here, he told us he wanted to be a Pediatric Cardiothorasic Surgeon (kids heart surgeon). Well, he was able to get a little experience this week with Henry's dad, Ty. Amanuel was able to see surgeries, sick kids, unhealthy adults, and lots more. When he came home, I asked if he had changed his mind (sorta hoping he had because my heart aches for medical students and residents-it is a LONG, exhausting road!), and he just laughed. He said, "Now, I want to be a doctor more than ever!" I know that if a person doesn't make that commitment in the beginning, they will quit. There were many times that Kyle wanted to quit, and there were many times that I wished he would. Amanuel doesn't care how much money he makes. He doesn't care how long it takes to get there. He just wants to help the kids in his country.
So, with no further adieu...Dr. Amanuel Zewdu Gebeyehu


So, with no further adieu...Dr. Amanuel Zewdu Gebeyehu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment