Sunday, May 31, 2009

Binyam Graduates

Oh, how I wish everyone could meet Amanuel and his best friends from Ethiopia, Binyam and Ayele. They are the sweetest young men I've ever met, and our hearts ache when we think about them leaving to go back to Ethiopia. Last week, the whole Johnson family was invited to Binyam's graduation party. We had a blast at the Maw's house, and you can see by Binyam's smiles that he too was just so excited to be a "graduate!" The following weekend, Binyam came here to stay for a few days. We toured UNC and Duke, mainly because Binyam is considering coming back here for college. We topped the day off with burgers from Nantucket, and then he and Kyle went to a movie. Here are a few pictures from the week:


Yep...he's as great with babies too. I think Kohen enjoyed having Binyam around for a few days, especially because Binyam gave him his undivided attention. Here is Binyam, Kohen and Henry at Duke Chapel.

Inside Duke Chapel:
Ayele entertaining Kohen at the graduation party.
Mrs. Maw and Binyam about to cut his ice cream cake (it was so good!), and Mr. Maw is in the background in the white shirt. They are Binyam's new host parents.
One of my favorite pictures.
Binyam at the top, and his sweet friends from Cardinal Gibbons lifting him up. Also, on the front left side is Ayele representing his Ethiopian friends : )


Binyam and Ayele, minus Amanuel, who should have been here!!!!
What a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish if I could have been in the party!!!
I know Candy, you posted all this to make me Jealous and It did work.