Monday, May 4, 2009

Spittin' Image of his . . .

Maybe his mom, especially when he has chocolate all over his face! Maybe his dad with a book about nothing really important :) Kyle is CONSTANTLY reading something random (economic books, Zone diet books, workout books...you name it) When we have game night with friends, I ALWAYS want to be on his team because he's full of it ("it" referring to a LARGE amount of semi-useless knowledge!) My mom sends Kohen a book every month, and they are usually about little animals, so Kohen loves them. I only let him have his book AFTER he eats his lunch. Once I give him the book, he flips through it making the most ridiculous noises. He barks and roars at all the animals, and then he SCREAMS when he sees a duck. So strange... but HILARIOUS!

Not sure which parent he resembles here, but at any moment, Kohen will cover himself up, and EVERYONE in the room is REQUIRED to respond with paranoia because we've "lost" Kohen. I usually screech, while Kyle simply says, "Anyone seen Kohen?" Amanuel just says, "Kohen? Kohen?" Not me though, I "freak" out because I've "lost" my baby, my sweet baby boy. Within seconds, Kohen peeks out of his cover to make sure we know he's okay. He just laughs and laughs. We all jump up and hug him to make sure he knows how excited we are that he has been "found!" And then...we do it all over again (like 10 more times!)


We are all doing great. Kohen is still spoiled rotten, and he's perfect in every way (I'm his mom, and he's my first born. I have to say it!) Kohen finally hit the 20 pound mark (only after I fed him an 8 ounce bottle of milk :), and he has at least 12 teeth, maybe more, but I'm unwilling to have my fingers bitten AGAIN to find more teeth. Let's just say, he has a mouthful of 'em! He always wants to be outside, and he always wants to have his hands in water (I wonder if that means he'll be a pool boy, a hairstylist, an OBGYN (YUCK!), or even a plumber???) He can walk, but he chooses to crawl/speed through any establishment as quickly as you can imagine! He stands up on his own, and his new favorite food is turkey bacon and cheese chunks. His eyes are still blue, but on any given day, they are speckled with brown. OHHHHH--big news...Kohen has hair, lots of it. His Uncle Eric won't be able to call him "bald" anymore. However, you'll just have to take my word for it because his hair is white and doesn't show up in the picture.
We leave for Maui in about 7 weeks. I want to go more than anything, but I don't want to go at all. I'm sure I'll cause a big scene at the airport, saying goodbye to Kohen. I've backed out of the trip a million times, but today, I'm in-I'm going to Hawaii!
Kohen sends his kisses your way!

No comments: