When Kyle made the decision to be a psychiatrist, he was nervous to tell anyone. He was expected to be a surgeon or something "important." Once he made the decision, he knew it was the right one, but he was anxious about others opinions. I think he was most nervous to tell Dr. Hardin, partly because he had even thought about being a gastrointestinal doctor like Dr. Hardin.
Well, the Hardin's invited us to dinner at the end of medical school, which was so sweet. We will never forget that meal. We knew they would ask what he had decided to do. Kyle nervously said, "psychiatry." Dr. Hardin was THRILLED, and I do mean thrilled. He went on and on about how needed they were, and he also said that he could see Kyle choosing that profession. Boy, it meant the world to Kyle. It wasn't until after that dinner that Kyle himself fully accepted the decision, and he has NEVER looked back since.
All of this to say that the Hardin's gave us our first marriage retreat weekend. The conference was AMAZING. And, we've tried every year to attend a conference. This is also when I promised Kyle that we would go away once a year together without the kids. We just returned from a marriage retreat at our church, and it was okay, but the best part was that we were able to spend time together, without Kohen :) It was so fun just to be together, and you don't realize the importance of this time, until you have children. I HIGHLY recommend that all of our friends and family do this for their marriages. Thank you, Dr. and Mrs. Hardin for starting a wonderful tradition in our family!
I had to take a picture and share this. Kyle and I have been married for 6.5 years. He says this isn't true, but I assure you, it is! Kyle has NOT cooked a meal in at least 5 years of marriage. This week, he cooked his dad's yummy Hawaiian bread breakfast casserole. It was SO good. Way to go, honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment