Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Son is a Genius!

Kohen loves to wear our shoes!
When I was a teacher, I remember thinking that every single mom thought their child was a one-of-a-kind genius! It always cracked me up. For the most part, few of my students were truly genius. I had some smart kiddos, but would they cure cancer? Probably not. Boy, did their moms think they would!



I get it now. Most nights, I go to bed at night thinking just that-my kid is a genius! Every single thing he does makes me think he's smarter than other kid in the world. He's not, and if he could just carry on a conversation with Tilly Warford or Cora Falgowski by the time he's 12, I'll be happy.



Today, I couldn't wait to video Kohen's latest smart guy "thing." I've looked all over the house, and I can't find the camera! So, I'll just have to tell you how smart, no brilliant, my son is...



I turned our loft into a playroom today. I put a big, ugly box up there and a bunch of toys. Kohen and Henry have had one heck of time playing up there. I came downstairs to get dressed and before I knew it, they were both throwing blocks over the railings at me. That was just the beginning, and hold on because that is NOT the genius episode. I went in my bathroom and proceeded to change my clothes. Within a few minutes, both boys were quiet, which means they are up to something. I ran back to the hallways to catch them in the midst of their devilish act. Before I knew it, I heard MUSIC. What? Kohen was blowing fart noises on my leather chair and he was beebopping (I have no idea how to spell that, but he was making rap noises with his mouth.) Henry backed him with a humming noise followed by more fart noises on the chair. They DIED laughing. I don't think I've heard them laugh so hard-ever! I didn't say a word, and they carried on for a while. When they were done, Kohen said, "All done!" See, he is a genius! He must take after the Johnson side of his family :)



Speaking of the Johnsons, they are coming to visit over Thanksgiving! Hallelulah! We need grandparents here! Kyle has sinus surgery that week, and it will be SO nice to have help around here because without any doubt, I'm sure Kohen will hit Kyle right square in the nose!



On another note, I am now 15 weeks pregnant, and I feel great. I'm not super tired and I'm eating like a horse. Food taste so good this week! First trimesters of pregnancy are NO fun! I'm just hoping the second trimester is easier!



Sorry to be so long winded!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw Caitlin in Atlanta this past weekend and she mentioned you were expecting again! Congratulations! I'm 18 weeks along too. Hope you are starting to feel human again - that first trimester was a mess, huh?!

- Laura & Sydney Rose