Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Okay, pictures first this time. I can't get this blogger thing to put my pictures at the bottom. Oh well.


Kohen beating on the drums, which is his most favorite thing to do in the world. He busted up in the middle of a bunch of teenagers, took a drumstick out of one of the boy's pockets, and started banging. Look mom! I can go down steps without using my hands.
SNAKE!!!
Sharing the water fountain with my bff.
Wow! Big ball!

We have been STUCK (Kohen's new, favorite word) in this dad gum house for 5 days. Today, both boys were healthy, and we went to the museum. I don't think I have ever been more excited to chase after two 20 month old boys in all my life. They were so happy, the trip wore them out, and I had BETTER get a three hour nap out of this gig :)

Before I show the pictures, I have to tell you our newest "Kohen-ism." Kohen has started to talk quite a bit lately. For the most part, he'll say whatever you tell him to say, but he also is able to identify things and associate them with the correct word. He will tell you when he wants milk or juice, cheese or meat, you get the picture. He also calls every vehicle a "truck!" and every airplane is "pane" and everything in the sky is "bye bye moon," thanks to the many, many times Kyle has read Goodnight Moon.

Well, last night, we sat down to have dinner. We told Kohen to bow his head to thank God. He did. A few minutes later, Kohen crawled out of his chair. Nothing out of the ordinary. Kyle, who used his mean daddy voice, said, "Kohen, get in your seat!" Kohen kindly responded with, "I sit here, daddy!" What? Is he already getting sassy? Well, Kyle started to push his chair out as if he were going after Kohen. In the meantime, I've bowed my head and covered my mouth because I'm about to die laughing. Before Kyle could even get out of his seat, Kohen jumped over into his dinner seat. I think that must be the first time Kyle has ever had to use his mean daddy voice, but it worked. I used my mean mommy voice ALL day long. He just tunes me out :) OH, the real parenting has begun!



No comments: