After dinner, we all loaded up in the car, and drove to Kohl's. Kohen was ECSTATIC. He ripped open the bag. He wouldn't let the cashier have them. It was a fiasco! However, we bought them, drove home, and I was SURE this was going to be the end to diapers. By the time we pulled in the driveway, Kohen already had a pair of the undies on....his head. He thinks he is hilarious!
We laughed. Kyle laughed at me because he said that there is NO WAY I would be able to potty train this kid right now. I realize it is early, but I have an incentive coming in May, so I'm trying. I just told Kyle to let me do this potty training my way! My husband always knows best, but he lets me think I do, which is why we have a story book marriage :)
Bare with me. I'm almost done. We walked into the house. Really, I ran in, and Kohen bounced in the door singing, "Choo Choo, Chug-a, Chug-a..." I ran to the bathroom to start his bath water, and I grabbed the camera. Kyle brought Kohen in, and in about 2 seconds, I had the kid stripped down. I sang, "Kohen's going to pee pee in the potty!" I put the undies on him, and yelled for Kyle. Kohen was so proud of his undies, so proud! Kyle came walking in, and I'm about to show him what MY (he's MY son when he does something wonderful, Kyle's son when he's rotten:) son can do, and to think that it only took us buying him underwear. Well, Kohen ran out of the bathroom to get his daddy, and all of a sudden...I hear Kyle say, "OH NO!" He then busts out with his loud laugh. I'm still thinking that I'm going to potty train this kid-tonight!
Kohen pee'd in his underwear, through his underwear, on his socks, and on my Pottery Barn rug-all with a smile on his face. Really? I'm having another one of these little creature? Really?
Here's a few pictures to set up the scene! We will try again, Kohen!
Update: It has been two days since the pee pee in the pants accident. Kohen is still wearing his undies over his diaper, and he still sleeps with them :)
Kohen hangs on to the Kohl's bag. Keep in mind, there is a toilet and a potty seat. He could use either, but...
Shortly after this picture, Kohen had his little accident!
The next night...Kohen won't go without his diaper, but why not wear the Choo Choo's over them? Okay, so why not wear two pair over the diaper?
3 comments:
Kohen,
Grandma is so proud of you. You make me laugh so much... I'm trying to find you some choo choo underwear so you will have more pairs to wear.A boy needs more than 2 pairs to wear on his head.
I like Thomas The Train also. Love you so much.
Love Grandma Kay
that is awesome! you should check out the "elmo goes potty" dvd. we watched it once and syd's been nonstop "i go pee-pee in the potty ever since."
that is so cute that he wears the undies over his diaper!!! Love it!
Post a Comment