Easter is by far my favorite holiday! I love Christmas too, but Easter was the biggest holiday in our house growing up, so I want my children to have a wonderful time experiencing the holiday and the REASON for the celebration. Kyle had to work all weekend (morning coverage that ending up being coverage until at least 3-4pm everyday, but we made the most of our time together!)
I'm telling our weekend story backwards, and please prepare for LOTS of pictures!
Kyle: Kohen, just smile for mommy. She likes to take pictures of us. She's going to do it for the rest of our lives. JUST SMILE!
Kohen: NO! I want OUT! I want to tear into this Duke Gardens place!

Kohen: Uhh..some chick just stole my Eas-ter Eggs!
Mommy: KYLE! Get our eggs back! Why is she taking our eggs? I'll sit here. My feet are swollen.

Kohen's new favorite THING....BRIDGES! Oh, and a bridge with water underneath is just the icing on the cake!

Kohen's with the Easter basket he made.

My favorite picture! Kyle is behind me, pushing the overloaded stroller and being a team-player. I'm chasing after Kohen. Kohen is running from both us!

Family picture...Kyle looks adorable, as always. Kohen has blue stained lips from the candy we gave him, and I am SWOLLEN!

Kohen: Blue lipstick? What?

Look, Dada! I found eggs.

Two of the three most handsome men in the world! The third most handsome will join us in May. You'll see.

WaWa! WaWa!

Church at 10am in my new Easter clothes!

I'm going in! Don't stop me. I'm going...going...

Well, since I'm here, I guess you can take a picture. I know I look GOOD!

Look at that WaWa!

I can't get over it. The WaWa is shooting out of those things. I love this place.

Little story...For Easter, Kyle set up a train set for Kohen. This is not your typical small set either. Kohen's Nana and Pops brought this from Arkansas, and it is HUGE. We have a loft in our house, and this train set takes up the ENTIRE floor. Kohen woke up on Easter, went upstairs to look at the box he'd been accustomed to LOOKING at in this nursery, and it was gone! He responded with, "OH, NO!" I told him to walk into the loft. He saw the train set and said, "OH, MY!" It was one of those priceless moments!
Kohen checks out the set.

A bwidge, mommy. A real bwidge (bridge)

Scarlowy. Look, Scarlowy!

OH MY!

Kohen's Easter basket that he made, which is randomly placed in my line up of pictures :)

The loft, which is now FULL from the trains, which is occupying my son while I take care of a newborn (we hope! :)

Kohen is not a fan of Curious George. Look at that face!

The train set...what would Kohen do without his Nana and Pops!

Random...I'm growing herbs for my kitchen.

Kohen escaped from the deck and ran into the backyard wearing his rain boots and a diaper.

I'm leavin' this place! Mommy squirted me with the water, and I'm gone!

Cheese...check out my boots!

See...I love them!

The weekend started with banana bread, baked in bug-shaped pans. We colored icing, made a huge mess, and ate WAY too much junk!

Well, if you looked at and read about all the pictures, you must be either my mom or Kyle's mom. Happy Easter and we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment