Friday, May 28, 2010

Still the queen, but feelin' like the maid! Week 2

While it may have been a little over two weeks since I gave birth to this sweet little man, it sure feels like I drove home from the hospital yesterday. Wyatt is doing great! He has a very calm temperament, and he simply wants to eat, sleep, and occasionally have a warm bath. He stays calm, cool, and collected, even when his older brother is running through our house like he's being chased by a herd of bulls. He sleeps well, as long as you feed him every three hours, and the feedings do last for about an hour. I want to put him in some sort of burping contest. He'd win. I swear-the kid burps like a man! Kohen is beginning to tolerate Wyatt, but soon, Wyatt will weigh more than Kohen, and I will let Wyatt take a swing a Kohen to repay him for the swats and hair tugs that Kohen has kindly given to Wyatt. By the way, Wyatt already weighs almost 10 pounds!

Here's Wyatt sporting his farmer look. His booty has a horsey tail attached to it.

And, Kohen is sporting his just-left-the-train-station look, while trying to lift his fragile brother out of the bed.
Wyatt's sweet bed (thank you, Sally!) sitting in front of our windows (check out my new curtains...thank you, Laura P!)
Wyatt has already turned to his side, which was exactly the way he liked to sleep in my tummy!

Kohen needed a little break outside to contemplate his actions...another story for another day!

Nana's Home! Kyle's mom came in on Saturday, and Kohen yelled, "Nana's home!" Kohen likes to hold Wyatt, but only for about two seconds. I'm sorry, Wyatt.
Everybody is trying to entertain Kohen, and there is no one he'd rather play with than his Aunt La La. She also took care of him while I was in the hospital, and the first thing he said to me in the hospital was, "Clean up, clean up. Everyone clean up!" Apparently, she made him clean up after himself. Imagine that, Kohen!
Kyle and Kohen have done nothing but play and romp around this house. They are pretty funny, though!
When I wasn't paying attention, Wyatt received a crown from Kohen!
And, Kohen "pumps, Mommy, pumps!"
More burp cloths from La La! I swear...everyone needs a friend who sews!

Wyatt's favorite position...right on Nana's shoulder. She even reads her book and types emails with him sitting like this.

Mr. GQ with his popped collar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable!

syd is constantly asking "where my pumpin' stuff, mommy? i go get my pumpin' stuff." hehe!

when things quiet down, let us know and we can meet up at a playground or something! :)

Shelli Robertson said...

He is so pretty, and I can't believe he already weighs 10 lbs. Good job on the feeding! It totally cracks me up that he wants to pump! so funny! Glad you guys are doing good.

the osbornes said...

ha, I love the title of this post! And I love seeing pics of your two sweet boys together, it makes me SOOOO excited for Sam to get here. Wyatt is adorable with his popped collar!