Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And, the party is over!

Kyle has been so fortunate (or maybe I should say that I am SO fortunate) to have been able to be at home with us for 6 weeks!  I know. I know.  It has been AMAZING, fun, hilarious, memorable, and since we didn't see Kyle from January through May, the 6 week break was a necessity! I now think that paternity leave should be mandatory for all fathers, which is for the mental health of all mothers!  Well, the party is coming to an end. Dr. Daddy-O has to go back to work, and today is the day. This afternoon, Kyle is going in to see one patient, only one patient, but still...the party is coming to a quick end!

It is so strange to see him in "work" clothes! He has worn his red mesh Razorback shorts (straight from his1998 college days) and t shirts now for several week. It was just like college :)  Holy cow...what am I going to do? 



We've gone to the parks, the mall, the pool, the library, and the museums. Kyle has been able to experience (sorta) life as a stay-at-home parent. I say "sorta" only because there has been two of us here (or 4 when the grandparents were here), and you can't get the "real" stay-at-home experience until you do it ALL BY YOURSELF, which is what Kohen says to us constantly now.   It is so funny when I hear Kyle say, "Man, I had so much "stuff" I wanted to do during these 6 weeks, but I just haven't had time to do anything!"  I just smile. Yesterday, I softly said, "Yes! I understand. I haven't read a book or done anything for MYSELF in over 2 years. I do understand, honey!"  Now, I think he understands why I get so mad when he tries to change MY channel on Monday nights during the bachelorette. That is MY time, dear!

Kohen told me yesterday to "put the camera away, mommy!"  He said, "No more paparazzi, mommy!"  Here are my men trying to entertain me...a little photo shoot perhaps in 100 degree weather! They quickly began to wilt!  Kyle even got fussy!

Don't even ask...I tried to take this shot, but apparently Wyatt doesn't like the paparrazi either! 



On a side note, Wyatt turned 7 weeks old yesterday, and he is doing great. I am not kidding when I say that he is basically sleeping 6-7 hours in a row at night. This is so different than what we experienced with Kohen. I'm lovin' it!  Wyatt weighs over 12 pounds, and he has an appointment this week, so I'll post all of his digits, which I'm sure will all be BIG!

1 comment:

the osbornes said...

7 weeks old, WOW! It really goes by fast huh. That sleeping is awesome--gotta love how those bigger babies sleep :)