Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bucket List

My sweetie turned 30 this year, and he started knocking out his "bucket list."  You may remember that he JUMPED OUT OF AN AIRPLANE on his 30th birthday. I supported the crazy event, but only after I confirmed that our life insurance policy was up-to-date! : ) 
 

Next on the "Bucket List" was a 1/2 marathon. When Kyle commits to something, there is NO stopping him. He has been training for this big day for a several months now, but for the past 3 or so weeks, he has been working a ton, traveling a ton, and he really hasn't had the time to run.  I was worried, but in true Kyle fashion, he did GREAT!  His time was awesome, he smiled through the entire race, and he hasn't complained a bit, even though his feet are covered in giant blisters and the tips of his toes are black! 

We are SO proud of you, Kyle! 



Here is a picture of Kyle back in August when he started running.  Poor guy!  It was HOT here this summer too.

Kyle ran 8 minute miles.
 The bib! 
 Stretching before the race began.
 We LOVE the Outer Banks!!!
 I chased after Kyle for miles!  He had headphones in, so he couldn't hear me screaming for him, but I saw him almost every two miles.
 Yay! He finally saw me!  Look at that sweet smile!
 The race started at 7am, so we left the kids at the beach house with Nana and Pops. They brought the kids a little later. Kohen didn't know what to think about his daddy running past him without stopping to pick him up.
 Wyatt was even there to support his daddy!
 Everyone ...where's Pops? Oh...he was checking out everyone's running form. He was there, I promise!

No comments: