Despite the craziness, there are a few funnies I don't want to forget. Like, tonight when my 8 month old started to walk. He's been crawling all over the place for a while now, and lately, he started to pull himself up my leg. Tonight, I was in the kitchen getting dinner finished up, and I hear Wyatt "crawling" to me only to find him walking himself behind the Tonka trunk. I nearly dropped the plate in my hand. If Wyatt were my first child, I'd have puffed up like a rooster and posted something on facebook about his spectactular-ness. Since he's my second, I'm scared, very scared. How will I ever manage two very mobile boys? Seriously!?
Kohen has always been super funny. His timing is spectacular, and he really keeps us rolling. He is sassy, like his mama, and he goes crazy wild over Dum Dums and donuts. I have been known to bribe him with those items, especially after a LONG day. He listens to everything we say, and even when we don't think he's listening, he is. Like the other day, when we were looking at his list of trains, and I said, "Oh, Kyle...listen to this name...Isabella Sophia....what a great girl name!" To which Kohen responded, "My sister's name is Isabella Sope-E-ah. I like that name too." The day went on and we didn't say much more about it. The next day, I had his preschool teachers and the caretakers at the gym congratulating me on my newest addition---Isabella Sophia. One even told me that Kohen is "SO excited to have a new sister!" Seriously?!
Yesterday, while waiting for the carpet cleaners and the painters to arrive, Kohen opened the front door, Hank ran out and took off to explore the neighborhood. This has happened many times, and we've always told Kohen NOT to let Hanky out. So, in the midst of the craziness, I put on my new red rain boots (it was POURING DOWN RAIN!), and I put the kids in the car. Apparently, I said a few things under my breath. I may have said, "Stupid dog!" "Seriously?!" So, I drove around the neighborhood and we found Hanky. I rolled down my window, and before I could even yell at him, Kohen screamed from the backseat, "Stupid dog! Sir, Get. In. This. Car! (tone softened just a bit) I give you a Dum Dum and a donut!" Seriously?!
And, for your daily laugh...
No comments:
Post a Comment