Friday, February 25, 2011

What a week!

A few years after we moved here, I delivered Kohen, and resigned from my job in the delivery room. I was NOT going to go back to work and leave that little baby-no way!  So, we took a leap of faith, I resigned from my job, and Kyle reassured me that we would be fine.  After a few months, I met this lady, who happened to be from Texas, who happened to have a 2 month old, who happened to need a nanny, who happened to become one of my dearest friends.  I told Kyle I wouldn't mind taking care of another baby, and that was that. Henry became my second son, Elizabeth became my new sister, and that was that.  Elizabeth is also a phenomenal psychiatrists who has worked with Kyle for 5 years. 

This past Sunday, Elizabeth and Henry's new home burned to the ground. I met Elizabeth at the ER, not for burns but she was having a tough time breathing. We laughed a little, put some lip gloss on, and they admitted her for the night to get a good night of rest. One hour after I left the hospital, E was intubated and sedated, and her body just began to fail-rapidly.  First her lungs, then her kidneys, and nearly every major organ started to shut down.  She was placed on full life support.  That was four days ago, and in four days, my dear friend and fellow mommy has fought and fought to live for her little boy. She will survive this, and I LOVE that she is in a fabulous hospital, full of the BEST doctors in the world, and she is able to show them that through the power of prayer, a person can recover from what science proves should not happen.  I just love it!  She will love it too.

She is doing much, much better, but she is not out of the woods yet.  She is amazing, and she will live to tell her own story.  I can't wait to laugh with her again, gossip a little about the rest of the world, and I can't wait to see her kissing all over little Henry Bean. Please pray for my buddy, her son, and her family-who happens to be amazing.

For more updates and information, please visit her Caring Bridge website at:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elizabethbullard





No comments: