Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wyatt Kyle and Kohen-isms!

Let me just say that moving really just stinks. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get a new house and start something fresh, but if you don't have to move, just don't. Really, just don't do it. In the midst of this craziness, my camera broke. Kyle took it to the Geek Squad, and it will likely be a month before I get it back. I feel like I lost my wedding ring or something. So, I don't have any new pictures to post, and I feel like I'm going to miss everything because I can't document EVERYTHING with pictures!  It is really driving me crazy!

However, there are a few Kohen-isms that I don't want to forget.

Kohen ONLY refers to Wyatt as "Wyatt Kyle," and he usually says his name with a tone. For instance, if Wyatt starts crawling up the steps, Kohen yells to me and says, "Mommy, WYATT KYLE is going up the stairs AGAIN!" Or, if Wyatt is screaming in the carseat, Kohen will put his hands over his ears to say, "WYATT KYLE (in his serious tone), time to be QUIET! Kohen is watching his moo-vie! I love how three year olds speak in third person.

Wyatt is a screamer. He has this high-pitched, off-the-chart, make-you-cringe scream. Actually, Kohen even calls him "Wyatt Kyle the Screamer."  Wyatt has learned that he can get our attention by being loud, and by the end of most days, I'm ready to plug my ears.  Kyle walks in the door, and I just beg him to take Wyatt outside. Yesterday, Kohen said, "Mommy, Kohen has decided to share his toys with Wyatt Kyle, but only if he stops screaming at me!" Ha

At naptime, I put Kohen down, and since my sweet Wyatt is attached to me like a spider monkey, I always have him on my hip. I lean over and give Kohen his kiss, and Wyatt jumps out of my arms, crawls on top of Kohen, and open-mouth kisses all over Kohen's face.  It is one of the highlights of my day!  Kohen just lets him do it and he smiles and giggles while Wyatt kisses him. Precious!

I always tease Kyle about finishing "school" and finally getting a real job. I was sitting in the kitchen floor with Kohen last night, and we were having a pretend picnic on the beach, and Kohen was eating his apple sauce. I asked him if he was excited to move to Arkansas, which I really think he is, but mainly because his cousin Brayden lives there :)  Anyways, we were having our pretend picnic, and Kohen said, "Mom (he calls me "mom" now, and it makes me want to cry. He's growing up!) are we moving to Arkansas so Daddy can get a real job?"  I nearly busted out with laughter!  Three year olds just crack me up!

Wyatt's first birthday is a little over a week away, and I'm planning a simple, but nice first birthday party. I've been on the phone a few times talking about it, and a few days ago, Kohen said, "Mom, can I be the birthday boy at Wyatt's party?"  I explained to him that we had already had his party, and it was Wyatt's turn. He turned to me and said, "Mom, Wyatt is just a baby. He doesn't know what it means to be the special birthday boy!"  HA!


Here's K-bug at his one year bash! 


Here's Wyatt Kyle at 11 1/2 months.  I swear, they look NOTHING alike to me! 

No comments: