Today, May 11th, was Kohen's 3 year check up and Wyatt's 1 year check up. I know...Kohen's is about 6 weeks late, but before you judge, try taking my boys into a teeny tiny room and "just" wait for the pediatrician. The room, including the paper on the bed, the keyboard and mouse, and the sink with small cups are all destroyed. So, it is better for everyone if we just get it all over with in one quick appointment.
I could have cried today at the appointment. My baby boy (Kohen) got on the big boy scale and weighed 31 pounds and 8 ounces, and he was 38 inches tall. He was perfectly perfect and healthy. Dr. Kwee even said that Kohen is "physically advanced!" He even had his blood pressure taken with a cuff! So big! And, when they did Kohen's eye test, the nurse asked him to cover one of his eyes. She then pointed to a picture of an umbrella, and asked Kohen to tell her what was in the picture. Kohen uncovered his eye, turned to me, and said, "Mom, she wants me to show her the umbrella, but I want to show her the house!" Ha! Guess he has good vision :)
Wyatt weighed in at 21 pounds, 5 ounce and he was 29.5 inches tall. He was a superstar, even though he had to get FOUR shots. He was upset, and I was upset. Shots are killer for me, especially.
I'll be sad to leave our friends here, and our church, and Trader Joes, but I'll especially miss Dr. Kwee. There are few pediatricians like him in the world! Crazy enough...his dad was an OB in Little Rock. Dr. Kwee spends 99% of all of our appointments sitting on the floor, spinning Kohen in the chair, and making animals with foam. Kohen LOVES going to see him, and it means so much when our son says he wants to call Dr. Kwee when he gets hurt!
Overall, a wonderful 1 + 3 year old visit!
Kohen dresses himself now. He loves to pull his sock up to his knees too!
Kohen: "Mom, he won't look at you. He's being bad!"
Dr. Kwee even made the boys Origami animals! Love that guy!


No comments:
Post a Comment