My sweet doll celebrated his first-ever, Johnson-style birthday party. It was one of my favorite parties yet! It was simple, nothing big and bouncy, and some of our favorite friends were here to celebrate. We had PIGs in a blanket, Cow's on the grill (steak), Pig on the grill (pork loin), Grapes on the vine, Garden Salad, garlic bread, caramel strawberries, and barnyard cupcakes!
Wyatt had a blast, and he stayed up an hour past his bedtime, which has made for a calm Mother's Day morning because he is STILL sleeping :)
I'll post a better picture of him with his special birthday banner, but Wy's La La came to the rescue again. I love these banners because you can sew a candle on the banner every year to celebrate another birthday. There will be much more on this banner in a different post.
Barnyard animals were the theme this year. Not sure why, but I thought Wyatt would enjoy some cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep.
This is my attempt at making cupcakes. I am DONE with the cake baking/decorating thing. I know I say that every time we have a party, but I'm so over them! Guess I'm going to have to find a great baker in Arkansas for the rest of our shin-digs :)
I'm over cake pops too! These were supposed to be chickens and cows. Obviously, they didn't turn out.
Ahhh...I love these buckets full of farm animals!
Frozen grapes on a stick were a hit. Wyatt ate four sticks of grapes. I'm sure we will pay for that today :0
Kohen LOVES to party. He loves to celebrate and he LOVES to have his friends over. He couldn't have been happier.
Our friends brought their corn hole game over and it was a big hit! Wyatt LOVED sitting on them. Notice his shirt....
Ahhh....Family picture and we were all looking at the camera~
Kohen has to "help" his brother do everything.
Wyatt tore into his cake. He loved it!
He even loved eating the plastic tray that it came on!
Mr. Funny Pants!
My b-woth-der is ONE!
They just make me smile!
He even licked the plate! Couldn't have been a better birthday.
This little boy looks so much like his Aunt JoAnna and his cousin Brayden. I am not joking. Just wait until we move to Arkansas and we have them side-by-side.
Get the cake off my face!
Big Sky, Daddy!
Kohen's curls go crazy wild when he is hot!
My doll!
Look how long La La's hair has grown...this is a very unusual picture because Wyatt won't go to anyone but me or Kyle. Ahhh...hopefully, this is a sign of Wyatt opening up to someone else carrying his sweet self around.
Oh, and notice the outfit change...another birthday onsie.
Cake in the hair....
He loves his tongue and he loves to give big ol', open mouthed kisses!
His new firetruck was a hit!
Gosh, I love this kid!
And this one too!
And, a party just isn't a party without the Webb's. Mac is the oldest of three boys in his family. He knows how to handle my little guy.
Molly and Baby Keely came too!
Kohen's favorite babysitter-Miss Sarah, who just so happened to get into medical school-congrats, Sarah!!! Mommy's and Mommy's-to-be, start scheduling your pediatrician appointments with her now because I promise she will be the best!!!















2 comments:
aw, happy birthday to wyatt! and happy mother's day to you!!
I just saw this post, Candy, you are so sweet!! I LOVED sitting for your boys and hanging out with you and Kyle. I hope your move goes well and you guys enjoy your last few days in NC. We'll miss you guys, but I'm sure Arkansas will be glad to have you back. All the best!
Post a Comment