My Sweet Kohen,
Here you are, eating your breakfast on your very first-ever day of school.You were calm. I wasn't. I tried to make it a big deal. You did not. I dropped you off, and I was nervous. You were not. That seemed to be the theme of the year.
You loved your preschool and your amazing teachers, Mrs. Elaine and Ms. Carol! You came home every Tuesday and Friday with the most amazing artwork and crafts, and you always told me that you had Goldfish and water for snack, even though I know that may not have been exactly correct, especially considering I was the snack mom on multiple occasions and I did not send Goldfish.
Here you are with you soft BLONDE hair.
Oh, how you love your Charlie Bear. You love it when Charlie's mommy pulled in beside us, and if we got to school and Charlie wasn't there yet, we just waited. We just waited because your favorite part of school was walking in with Charlie.
Here you are with your purple school bag, which is the very bag that you filled up each school day with the most precious artwork!
Oh, and when Mrs. Elaine lifted you into that classroom for the first time, I just stood there, waiting for you to cry for me, waiting for you to NEED me, but you didn't. You didn't even wave to me. So, I walked to the car and cried.
Fast forward 9 months, and here you are! Look at your sandy blonde, almost brown, wavy, fluffy hair!

Here you are, walking out of your classroom, bag in tow, and I'm waiting for you, and you always ask me, "Mommy, do you have a treat for me?" I did bring you a treat every single school day for 9 months.

And, you were always sweating. You played hard on the playground, and after a quick lunch, you always napped for several hours. School wears you out!

You also enjoy taking a quick sprint through the school property. I don't mind because my goal for preschool is simply to let you run and play. I think we accomplished that goal this year!

And, just as we did on the first day, we walked away on the final day with a big hug from our sweet buddy, Charlie Bear!

You even hugged him so tightly that you both fell over!


And, you said goodbye to your favorite, first-ever teachers, Mrs. Elaine and Ms. Carol! My sweet boy, I love you beyond anything you can imagine, and I am so proud of you!

1 comment:
aw, happy last day of school!! ours is this week. i may cry too!
Post a Comment