I love this kid!
Today, after our daily trip to the gym, followed by books and trains at Barnes and Nobles, no morning would be complete unless we finished it off with Chick-Fil-A. As I'm ordering, I'm watching the boys out of the corner of my eye, and honestly, I'm just watching that they don't run out the door or start break dancing or something crazy otherwise. I turn around from the register, and both of my little men are sitting at a table waiting for me. Kohen is pushing himself up closer to the table. He, all by him sweet self, selected a fork, a napkin, and a container of ketchup for each of us. On top of our spread, he placed one mint atop each napkin for "after our w-unch". Seriously?! I'm loving this!
I ALWAYS order the same thing-the Chargrilled Chicken sandwich, double veggies, no bun necessary, and I always have to cut it up with a knife. Today, I ordered soup. It nearly through Kohen into a tizzy because he didn't get me a spoon. He told me to hang on . . . here he comes, sprinting to the table with a spoon for his mommy! I hugged him and told him how proud I was of him. As I went to sit down, after cutting up everyone's chicken nuggies, Wyatt grabbed my hand, and he reached across the table for Kohen's hand. He's a quiet guy, but he ALWAYS remembers to pray by screaming, "HANDS!" He means, in not so many words, that it is time to pray.
I've said it before, some days, I feel like a total failure as a parent. This morning didn't start out so well, and I was sure the entire day would continue to be one episode after another. Kyle even walked out the door for work apologizing for what would likely take place today.
And, it will likely be chaotic, but for one moment out of my day, I was able to sit back and know that we did something right! Oh, Happy Day!
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment