Monday, December 3, 2012

O' Christmas Tree

This year, I had a new plan.  It was time to retire the elderly artificial tree we've sported for the past 9 years.  It was a hand-me-down from Nana and Pops, which made it about 25 years old.  It was time.  And, I wanted height!  We have really tall ceilings, and I needed a big ol' tree.  I got it for half off at Sam's Club last year, and it is 12 feet tall.  At the time, I just thought it was a big tree.  

It was a VERY big tree. 

And, it came in two boxes. 

It took the entire family to put this beast together.  Kyle was on assembly duty. Pops was on fluff duty, and Wyatt and Kohen . . .well, they just seemed to direct everyone.  

Stage 1: remove tree from box and begin to assemble. 

Step 2: Assemble some more. 

Step 3: Get a chair, step on boxes, and figure out a way to put attach the other pieces.  HOLY COW:  It is HUGE! 

Tree assembled.  Squint...Kyle is on the balcony trying to fluff and bedazzle.  

Forget it!  He got out the ladder. It is ON! 

And, it is assembled, lit, and decorated, but only after Nana drove out to get ball hangers, only to realize there were some in the bottom of the ornament box.  Oops...thanks Nana and Pops for being such great elves! 
Tis the season!  We love Christmas! 

No comments: