Monday, March 18, 2013

How does this happen?!

My baby boy is about to turn 5. His birthday is Friday, and even though we have already had his party,  I still plan to celebrate AGAIN on his actual birth-day! 

I will NEVER forget the days leading up to his birth-the night my water broke or the MISERABLE, (Oh my LORD for all things that are holy!)... MISERABLE afternoon following my water breaking. I didn't like pregnancy, and I sure did NOT like childbirth, but oh my heavens, the sweet, little doll I got in the end made every ounce of pain, misery, and dreaded pound I gained worth it.  



I remember this day. It was his first-ever school picture day, and I was so excited about it!  

I was so opposed to preschool. I was a stay at home mom and former teacher, and it was MY job to educate and socialize this little stinker.  And, as a mom of one child, I could do it. Then, Wyatt came.  I was dying, and I needed some help.  Kyle suggested preschool, and after I realized so many stay at home moms were doing the same thing, I signed him up!  Shew...we both needed preschool and those few hours apart was such a relief!  One day, I remember driving around Durham for 2 1/2 hours. Wyatt was sleeping in the backseat, and preschool was only a few hours.  No way was I stopping my car.  I drove around in silence, drank a Dunkin Donut coffee, prayed that Wyatt wouldn't wake up at every stoplight, and I loved every minute of it!    


And, here is his last-ever preschool picture (sniff, sniff).  I know we are supposed to say our kids are amazing, but he really is.  He really is the sweetest little boy I know.  We all love Wyatt, and when he is out of this little "stage", we will think he is sweet again, but for now, this is the sweetest boy I know. Ha!

No comments: