We do birthdays big in our house. We always have, and I can only hope that we always will. I sit the boys down and ask them to tell us exactly what would make their birthday special. Kohen always has a plan for his "day/month." He gives me a theme, and I roll with it. Kyle goes along with anything we decide. I get stressed and overwhelmed. I stay up late gluing things. I spend lots of money. Kyle just smiles and is happy to celebrate. When it is over, I always say something like, "I'm never doing this again." Kyle smiles knowing all along that I WILL indeed do it all over again after I look back at pictures and see the big cheesy smiles on the boy's faces.
Wyatt, on the other hand, is a bit less detailed about his day. He's mostly interested in the cake and presents. Kohen wants a crowd, a true fiesta! I know it will change. This year was his first year to ask for a family-only party. I was so shocked that he didn't want to invite his entire school, but I obliged. His requested theme this year…ART! He loves to craft and make art, and I thought it was perfect!
This little doll changed my life in so many ways. He made me a mommy, changed my career, and I am eternally grateful that this sweet boy is mine.
5th Party-Space Theme
3rd Birthday-Trains/Thomas Theme
2nd Birthday-Trains
(He really really loved trains! And, I'm really, really pregnant with Wyatt! Oddly enough, this is exactly how I was holding Kohen when my water broke with Wyatt 18 days later.)
First Birthday-Football Theme
Theme of this day was HALLELUJAH! I was rejoicing in childbirth being O.V.E.R!





No comments:
Post a Comment