

March 22nd, Kyle and I were blessed with a handsome little doll. He was named by his dad in the delivery room. With the reassurance of Aunt Misty, Kyle bestowed our new baby with his name, Kohen Edwin Johnson.
Long before we became pregnant, Kyle always said he didn't want to find out the sex of our baby. Once the "thought" became a reality, I decided I agreed. There are so FEW surprises in life that we should just wait. Every day that passed, people were so curious. So many just assumed that we secretly knew. How could we not find out? Once we reassured everyone that we didn't NEED to know, then they started asking us about names. Again, I told them we didn't have one. How could we NOT have a name? Our pregnant friends had names nailed on the nursery walls long before their babies were born, yet we didn't have one picked out. Kyle truly wanted to wait until he saw our child. He or she had to be named properly. As a teacher, I associated children with their names and Kyle associated his psychiatry patients with their names. No random name would work for Team Johnson. So, we delivered this little guy. He was a little man with Kyle's nose and cheeks. He had curious eyes, a sweet smell, and he loved us instantly. We didn't deserve it, but he was happy to be with us. Kyle named our little man, and after 42 days, I can't imagine him "being" anyone else. He's not a Kooper, a Tucker, a Ramsey, a John-he's a Kohen. There you have it.
1 comment:
FYI Kyle, A kohen is a direct male descendant of the Biblical Aaron, brother of Moses and a "wicked high" rank among the Jewish faith. But you knew that, right? :-)
Post a Comment