One of the first pictures I took of Amanuel. He walked in our door to meet me, and he reached for Kohen. Kohen latched on to him like he'd known him his entire short-life.
Long time, no post. We've been busy, but mostly sad these past few weeks. Amanuel left to return to Kansas City, MO to visit his older brother and family, and then he will return to Ethiopia in a month or so. It has been a difficult transition for our family, as Amanuel is our son and Kohen's big brother. We speak with him usually every day, but it just isn't the same. Amanuel ALWAYS laughed with us, joked with us, played with us, explored with us, and more importantly, he taught us so much about people and life-such a wise young man. There are several young men and women who came here to "visit" for a year and will soon leave to return to Ethiopia. So many of them wish to return to get the education they deserve. I so wish I could afford to bring them all back.
At night, we just sit around and laugh about "Amanuel-ism." I no longer have anyone to eat excessive amounts of chocolate with me, which we did with Kohen and I always told Amanuel, "don't tell Kyle about this milkshake :) " He never did, I don't think. I wonder how Amanuel gained nearly 30 pounds while he was here? Impossible.
So, we miss you something awful, Amanuel. Kohen looks out the window for you still, and I haven't driven near Jordan High since you left. You are a one-of-a-kind kid with possibilities only God knows. Our oldest son, you will forever be in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment