I had a rough time on the flight over, especially after I talked to my mother-in-law, and she told me about her and Kohen getting caught in the rain, lost in our neighborhood, and then riding home with a stranger (without a carseat, OMG!), and I was just laughing until she told me about how she hurried up and changed Kohen's clothes because he was shivering! I was ready to jump back on the plane that brought us here! Oh, he's fine. His Nana knows more about parenting than I will ever know, but boy I sure miss my little man. Anyways, I had some tearful moments on the plane, and then I got it together for Kyle. Once we landed in Maui, we picked up our rental car, and they told us about our car-a Dodge Caliber...I was okay with that, but it is ORANGE! Hilarious! We just drive around the island in our hoopty (sp?) car.
Our hotel is AWESOME, our view is breathtaking, and the food has been okay, nothing really to write home about. Today, we celebrated my birthday by parasailing at 7:30 in the morning-so awesome-followed by Kyle's surf lessons. He was hanging 10 (whatever the heck that means!) with the locals. He busted it a few times too, which I missed because I was obsessively calling home to talk to Kohen, who can't talk on the phone. The day is ending, I think it is around 2am at home, but only 8:15pm here, and I'm pooped. What a great week and an even greater birthday. By the way, tomorrow we will celebrate 6 years of marriage! I can't believe it has already been 6 years since I ran, literally ran with my dress bustled in my hand, down the isle to Kyle, who has sticking his hand up telling me to slow down. That day was just the beginning, and I'm still running TO Kyle, and AFTER Kohen.
Our ride in paradise!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys are having a good trip! (We need to get you one of the those sea-sick patches for behind your ear, though!)
You guys deserve this wonderful trip!!! Wish we could be there with ya!! (or at home with Kohen! :) )
Post a Comment