Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fire, Fire! And two bruised babies :)

I was sitting in my living room with Henry's mom this morning, and the fireman pulled up in front of our house. Nope-I didn't call them, but the first thing that came to mind was that Kohen speed dialed 911 to save him and his Henry from their abusive parents (another story, and I'll get there in a bit!) Elizabeth swooped up Henry. I chased after Kohen. He had a poopie diaper and no shorts on. We ran outside. I asked if we could take a picture, and all the firemen stood up tall and smiled. I swear they must do this all the time. Well, Kohen stunk too bad, so I raced him back in the house, changed the stink-EEE diaper, and flew back out the door. The fancy pants camera was ready to click, BUT neither child would stand near the big truck or the fireman. Oh well. Oh, the truck was in our yard to check the fire hydrant or something.

Back to the abused children...so, Kyle didn't have to be to work until 10:30am this morning, so we took Kohen to the park to play (we are great parents, I know!). We were all going down the slide-Kyle first, then Kohen, then me. Kyle got off, I assumed he lifted Kohen off the end, which is a park rule, dad!, and then I flew down with my two inch, honkin' monster flip flops, which smashed my poor, innocent son in the face. Kohen flipped off the slide and now has a red flip flop print on his cheek. Kyle was laughing his loud laugh (if you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about), I'm cuddling my son, and he's screaming and looking at me like I'm crazy. We are great parents...huh?

Well, Elizabeth pulls up with Henry and says, "LOOK! Look at this child's eye. Guess who did this? One guess...Ty (Henry's dad). Ty was swinging the bean man around and his face hit the chair. "

To summarize, both of our babies, our little princes, have banged up faces, and I blame the dads. All the moms know to grab their child off the slide quickly. It is a park-playdate rule. I do have to admit, Henry's is worse than Kohen's face, but still...our babies!




Oh, no I'm not! I'm not even going near that tuk. Thank you.

1 comment:

Tracychele said...

That is a really funny story (since both kids are ok, you can laugh about it)! Bruises will heal and it will be a story you will always have to tell him. Have a great day!