Oh for heaven's sake, why the heck do we always put everyone else first? My mom did it, I'm doing it, and we all know we need to take care of ourselves. I'm so ashamed to admit this, but this past Saturday was my first day off in 17 months. I'm not kidding either. Now, we did go on vacation, but I'm not counting that because Kyle was with me. I count a day OFF when I'm OFF by myself! I've been to the hair salon here and there, but never have I gone out for an entire day by myself. I drove down to the outlet malls and bought a few things. In 17 months, I've purchased two pair of jeans and two dresses, and two shirts. I'm not kidding. I may have purchased a few other minor things in between, but I just haven't bought many things. My days are spent at parks. We play outside in the dirt, and when I'm not playing, I'm cleaning. I don't need new clothes. Oh, but how I love a new pair of shoes, a new pair of pants, and I LOVE accessories! I've missed my accessories, which have all been broken by my little maniac!
Well, I woke up on Saturday, told Kyle he was having a fun day with Kohen. He said, "uhh..okay." I swear, I have the best, truly the best, husband in the world. He never complained one bit, told me to buy more stuff, and then said, "just stay out longer." He even mapped my trip for me!
I know I'm all over the place, which leads me to this picture...I know it is tiny, but check her out!

This is my new sports trainer. Yep! I'm gonna die, but in an effort to do more things for me, here's what I have done...I've hired Leigh Ann at Fitness World. She's going to force me to workout harder and smarter. She's an in-your-face, get 'er done kind of girl. Kyle and I have both worked with her before in this crazy tire-flipping, rope climbing class we do, but this is a class without Kyle. I'll be on my own, but again, I need time ALONE! Bring it on! This all starts next Saturday, which is the day before we leave with my family for our beach trip. Yay for me :0
1 comment:
How did you get a picture of me... haha!! I wish she would come kick my butt! I hope that goes well. I have four children and have really started working out this year. It is hard to take the time for yourself, I can relate. It makes you happier when you are getting in shape and proud of yourself. You also have so much more energy to clean up after the munchkin! I love the gym but also do P90X videos at home. It is a great workout! Take before pictures (no one really has to see them ;) Good luck with the workout!
Post a Comment