Henry's mom is always showing up with some cool kid contraption that I must have. Sometimes I hit the jackpot! Kohen HATES, with all his might, the dreaded highchair. He hates it. He climbs out of it, knows how to unhook it, slaps his food off the top of it-it is TERRIBLE! I had had enough. We gave up on the restraining, confining highchair and just carefully placed our dinner-demon in a regular chair. He just stands there like a big boy, picking at his food. That was until Henry's mom introduced us to....hold on...may want to sit down for this incredible invention...
Look at this-big boys (or girls) get to sit in the big daddy seat just like his parents. Perfect child sits in his chair until mom and dad have finished their meal and all is happy in the Johnson household!
Oh, and look at this placemat. It is called the Kiddopotamus portable placemat. It has little suction cups on it that adhere to the table, and it CATCHES food in that little pouch. WONDERFUL!
Baby crack-right here! Raffi sings all the annoying kid songs that you here and can never get them out of your head like "Baby Baluga" and "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round." Durn it...they are in my head now! I've been playing this cd for the boys this morning, and as soon as I turn it on, both babes drop their ball (they always have balls in the hands) and start swingin' there shoulders and tappin' their tiny feet. It is the sweetest thing you've ever seen!
Oh, and look at this placemat. It is called the Kiddopotamus portable placemat. It has little suction cups on it that adhere to the table, and it CATCHES food in that little pouch. WONDERFUL!
Baby crack-right here! Raffi sings all the annoying kid songs that you here and can never get them out of your head like "Baby Baluga" and "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round." Durn it...they are in my head now! I've been playing this cd for the boys this morning, and as soon as I turn it on, both babes drop their ball (they always have balls in the hands) and start swingin' there shoulders and tappin' their tiny feet. It is the sweetest thing you've ever seen!
Most of you know that in my pre-baby life I was an English teacher. I LOVE to read, but I have mostly lost all desire to read mostly because the second I put a book in my face, I fall asleep. I don't have time to sleep anymore! But, I would be one hap-happy momma if Kohen finds a true passion for books. If you want to help your child in school, read to them. Let them read to you. Go to the stinkin' library, and set an example. Read for enjoyment yourself. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox! Anyways, Kohen and I read many, many books every day, and my favorite, hands down, is this hilarious book called Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones, by Judy Schachner. However, if you don't have a great storytelling voice, make for darn sure that you get the CD with it. The author reads the story, and I just crack up every time I hear it (which is many, many times each day!) I highly recommend this book!
1 comment:
hey where do you get those chair lift things? We need one for sure!! Noah eats off a plate with a fork now, so I don't see the point of a highchair anymore. But I don't want to put a booster seat in one of our chairs either!
We used that kiddopotamus placemat in restaurants for awhile, but then I decided the disposable, plastic, sticky ones are better. Those suction cups didn't work a lot of places. Have you tried the disposable ones? We love them!
Post a Comment