Saturday, June 19, 2010

An "Almost" Graduation

Last night, Kyle "almost" graduated. You see, he really did finish his adult psychiatry program. And, IF he hadn't decided to go to school just a little longer, he would have completely graduated.  As soon as he receives his board scores, he will be a board certified adult psychiatrist. It is official, and I have the residency diploma in front of me. BUT Kyle still has One. More. Year. Once he completes his fellowship this year, he will be FINISHED. For good.  (I hope!)

What does a smarty pants doctor do during his graduation ceremony...well, he feeds, burps, holds, and changes his baby of course!
Can you tell that I'm sleepy?  In case you are wondering, Kohen was with a babysitter.

To celebrate, Kyle lighted fireworks, which were sent by his Aunt Patty Harris all the way from Little Rock, Arkansas.  Southerners sure like to celebrate with fire :0 


On a serious note, my husband has spent the past 12 years training for this. He completed college, medical school, and now a residency. He is a wonderful husband, and I mean that with all my heart. He is a man of God, and the most amazing father two little boys could ask for. He is a wonderful friend, and I'm sure his parents would tell you he is a son that parents only dream of having. Last night, his department chair said that she had one word to describe Kyle. She said he is "authentic," and I don't think there is a better word. He is what you see inside and out. We celebrate every day, and I am thankful and grateful that Kyle has sacrificed beyond imagination so that he can help sick people and their families.  His sacrifices may be minor in the grand scheme of life, but to us, his family, they are grand. Thank you, my sweet husband.   

No comments: