My Sweet Baby Wyatt,
Three months ago, it was Mother's Day, the weather was beautiful, and I was R.E.A.D.Y for you to join our family. Your daddy was at work, and I was holding your big brother. He was actually sitting on you, which probably prompted your entrance into this world. He gave me a singing card, which made me cry. It was then that my water broke, and I 911 paged your daddy to come home. He was so excited. I'm pretty convinced that you wanted to wish me a Happy Mother's Day in person. It was a happy day, a very happy day!
You sleep through the night. You REALLY sleep ALL night 7pm to at least 7am. You like to stay on your schedule, and we are way too afraid to take you off of it for fear that you will not sleep through the night. You eat a lot. You smile a lot. You cry A LOT.
Dear heavens me! You DO NOT like riding in the car. Actually, you cry so much that brother watches his movies with headphones. We pull over often to calm you down. And, I don't dare make phone calls anymore. You don't like the very expensive stroller mommy and daddy bought especially for you either. You are the perfect baby, so easy and sweet, BUT would you PLEASE, please stop crying in the car! Please!
Today, you realized you have a tongue. Today, you "talked" to me. Today, your brother closed a book on your face, just after he sang you happy bird-day.
We love you, and you are a wonderful brother. Once we get you to our playdates, music lessons, library time, pools, and parks, you play along just fine. I promise your brother will show you some love someday. Today, however, was not the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment