Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dr. Daddy???


We have some wonderful friends in Arkansas who sent this "doctor" to Kyle as a gift for graduating his residency program. Included in this package was a card signed by nearly every member of this Dennis family, which is no small feat considering Mr. and Mrs. Dennis have 7!!! children. Most of their children have now married, and the card was even signed by the spouses.  This was one of the kindest gifts Kyle has ever received.  Thank you, Dennis Family!

In case you didn't already know this...I get SUPER excited when I get boxes in the mail. Well, I pulled into our driveway from a very intersting (which is code for EXHAUSTING!) trip to the museum.  Wyatt was screaming, and Kohen was pitching a fit about his train.  I was about to lose it until...I saw THE BOX on our porch. I pulled in, left the car running with both kids in the car screaming, and ran to the porch. I didn't even look to see who it was from. I ripped open that box and pulled out this doctor. I carried this "doctor" with me to the car, and I told Kohen to look at it.  He looked puzzled. I asked, "Kohen, what is this?"  He calmly replied, "It is a doc-ter."  I then asked him what this doctor's name is.  He paused. I then said, "This doctor is the one who loves you more than any other doctor in all the world."  Of course, I was hoping Kohen would say, "Dr. Daddy." 

He then said, "OH, it is Dr. Kwee!"  Dr. Kwee is Kohen's pediatrician! 
At bedtime tonight, Kohen walked past him and said, "Goodnight, Dr. Kwee!" 

No comments: