Monday, August 23, 2010

Warning...

Keep your toddlers in cribs as LONG as you can. On the day this picture was taken, it took us 2 hours to get Kohen down to nap. He finally gave in, but not until he loaded up his bus with trains (yes, he puts his trains in the bus!), and fell asleep.  One day, I counted that I put him back in his bed 51 times.
(I'm not exaggerating either!)

1 comment:

the osbornes said...

Candy, after 6 weeks in his big boy bed Noah was just not catching on to the "don't come out until we come get you" thing. NOTHING worked, including many spankings. He actually always did/does well going down to sleep, but he started waking up at 5:45 a.m. as opposed to his usual 7:30 and coming into our room, and he also started napping about half as long as he had been. Wellll, I finally put a baby gate on the outside of his door. After just ONE day like that, he went back to sleeping like he always had and he's been doing it ever since (several weeks now). It's like he just needed to know that he didn't have the freedom to come out whenever he wanted, and that made him sleep again! And I was afraid the gate would upset him after so many weeks without it, but we made it seem really cool and he thinks it's his special door! I think sometimes they can be ready for the big boy bed without being quite ready for the freedom that comes with it :) Sorry for the long comment but I wanted to let you know what worked for us!