Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birth-days!

Birthdays are my favorite "holiday." I don't love my own birthday, but when any of my boys celebrate their birth-days, I get so excited. I think about it for weeks and weeks. I plan for weeks and weeks, and I look back at pictures from the past. I'm not sure why, because it just makes me cry, but I do it every year.

This year has been no different. This year, my first born, my sweet baby boy, turned 3.  I didn't post anything on the actual birth-day because we haven't had his party yet. A birthday isn't a birthday until you have a big party. This year, I went even crazier than before. We've rented all sorts of crazy stuff (a giant bouncy house, a hot dog machine, a cotton candy machine, a popcorn machine, and a snow cone machine!) I know, I know.  Kyle just rolls his eyes and let's me do it!  I don't even know how we are going to fit everything in our yard, and I've invited like 50 people-I've seriously lost it! 

I will post lots and lots of pictures, but in the meantime, here is my sweet baby on his first few minutes of life...this is me, in all my post-pushing, weepy glory.  I swear, I didn't want to let go of him. I thought I'd won the lottery, and I resigned from my job a few minutes later. My goal, during this delivery, was to break off those bed rails beside me!  I nearly succeeded too! 


 Fully recovered from the birth-day, here we are celebrating Kohen's first birthday. Just look at my little hair-less wonder. So precious! 

Oh, and the second birthday party was a bouncy place, which was c-razy, crazy!  Just look at Wyatt...in my belly, 6 weeks from delivery. Oh my goodness...he was a big guy!  Kohen loved my belly because he just sat right on top of it. He was sitting right on my belly when my water broke too. 


Be on the lookout for special pictures from this week.  Nana and Pops are coming to town (I'm very anxious and excited for them to get here! Mama needs a BREAK!)  And, they do this every year. They fly/drive for hours upon hours because they NEVER, EVER miss a party.  And, it give me a chance to plan and plan even more.  This year, I/Kyle and his mom are going to make Kohen's birthday cake!  Can't wait to show you what it looks like! 

1 comment:

Holli said...

Happy Birthday Kohen!