Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Weed

We have this plant that attaches to our mailbox every year. And, I am not kidding when I say that it grows overnight. One day you see the sprout coming out of the mulch, and within two days, this plant takes over our mailbox. It just cracks me up because it reminds me so much of my boys. It makes me think about them as babies, and it just breaks my heart to think that this precious time with them goes/grows so quickly. I love watching them change and grow, but it is just happening WAY too fast!  

We've had a ton of changes in the past few days. Kyle went to Arkansas to do a final inspection on a house we bought.  That's right...bought a house without even seeing it. We are VERY excited to get a bigger house because we are literally busting out of our cozy cottage here in North Carolina. 

On the same exact day, we received a great offer on our house here in North Carolina, and we sold it! 

Five years ago, the EXACT same thing happened to us. We flew here to North Carolina and bought this house.  We took a giant leap of faith, made an offer on our house, and as we drove away, our Arkansas agent called us to say that we had a full price offer on our Little Rock house. Just crazy!  

I will say more later about our amazing real estate agents, but they certainly deserve their very own posting.  More to come on these amazing ladies later. 

So, the move date is scheduled for June 11th-12th. I'm sure the tears of sadness and tears of excitement will be a' flowin' around this place.  

In the meantime, I plan to spend some focused time on my boys, who have been very patient while their mommy cleaned house every single day for showings!!!  

Look my weeds! 

I know, Wyatt needs a haircut. Everyone says, "Your little girl is SO cute!"  Sorry, Wy Wy!  I'm working on it! 

Sweet boys!  

3 comments:

the osbornes said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is working out so perfectly! We're excited to have y'all back in AR!

Chris said...

Hi Candy,

I ran across your blog on Katie Rowe's blog. I taught and coached Kyle when he was in jr. high and high school at ABSS back in Arkansas. He was one of my favorites. You have a beautiful family. Kenny and Dana haven't changed a bit from what I can see in your pictures. Good luck with your move. Please tell Kyle hello for me.

Caitlin said...

I love your mailbox plant! I remember running over and promising you it wasn't a weed. :) The boys are getting so big and are just adorable!