Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Party Time!

Of course, Kohen refused to take a nap on his birthday. Who can blame him? His  best friend was on his way, a stranger was in our front yard blowing up a bouncy house, and his momma was running around like a crazy lady trying to finish up everything for the party.

When Henry showed up with Kyle, Kohen shot out the front door and they both watched the man blow up the bouncy house.

My crazy, wonderful friend, Bo Webb, was (of course) the first to try out the cotton candy. Bo usually eats cake, brownies, and ice cream for most meals, and I bet she weighs in at maybe 100 pounds. Isn't she beautiful?!

Bo and Dew (Drew, her 4 year old son!)

Sure, you can have some cotton candy, Wyatt!  

Everyone LOVED the bouncy house, including me!  Yes, that is me on the floor of the bouncy house. We had around 50 people at this shin dig, so we needed some entertainment :) 

Look at these kids eating those cake pops!  I swear, those cake pops will likely make their way to all of our future parties. 


Elizabeth, I swear I tried to feed your son something healthy, but he only wanted cotton candy. 

Nana was in charge of popcorn (and POPS!), and Pops was in charge of the snow cones and hot dogs.

Some of the finest women I know- Jessica (Dr. Bishop, whose husband is in Iraq right now. She had a baby just a few weeks after he shipped out.), La La, who ...I just can't say enough about, and Bo-a mother of 3 boys, and she is one of the strongest and bravest friends I have.  Ha-don't they all look great in the dark sunglasses?!!!


OH MY GOSH...Miss Sarah came!!!  Look at Kohen's smile!

Brad and Sally came. Sally has been my stay-at-home mommy buddy, and she has taken great care of us!  

Kohen had a little time out. All of those cake pops got to him...


I was there!!!  What a special, special day. I can't believe my baby is 3 years old!  

Kyle, Kohen, and Henry Bean

Sweet Brad!

I swear-they ate all the candy off of this train, no cake, just candy. 

Kohen's mentor-Caesar!

Wyatt was sick of the party. He just wanted to eat candy too!

Kohen was tuckered out at the end of the big day!

I'm three!  La La sewed Kohen a special candle this year. She cut out some UNC fabric in honor of our final year here in North Carolina.

Kohen is a Nana's boy. She "pways" with him, and I really think he is going to have a tough time when she leaves in the morning. 

Nana and Kohen read a ton of books!

 Pops tried to fix the sink, which was leaking for no real reason.

Okay, so this is really funny. The cold water quit working, and we were all so excited when he got the water to come on.

Notice anything strange???  The water was running, but the knobs were turned off!  

What a great party and week!  Big thanks to Nana and Pops who made this week MUCH LESS stressful and enjoyable!  Now, they need a weeks vacation to recover from this week of "vacation!"

1 comment:

Mary said...

I just love this post. I love everything about it! Kohen obviously had a birthday fit for a king! 3 is going to be a good year! Girl, you can sure throw a party! Love all of the pictures:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOHEN!