Six months ago today, my babies looked like this:
Six months ago, we moved from the only house these little boys had ever lived in, and for five summers I watched this beautiful, flowering plant surround our mailbox. I never, even once, imagined that I would be so blessed in our little cottage in North Carolina.
Six months ago, my little boys loaded up in my SUV, filled with snacks, movies, Hank and Nana. I was driving my babies to a home that I had never even stepped foot in, not even once!
These boys road in my car for 17 hours with less than an hour nap. It was brutal!
This little boy seems to be very happy with his new house. But, Kyle nor I could never have even imagined how much this little guy truly misses his "Car-o-lina f-wends." It is heartbreaking and sweet. If you think your children don't make lasting impressions upon each other, I would love to let you hear my little boy talk about his Henry Bean and train-lovin' Charlie Bear. He speaks their names every single day! He remembers some of the strangest moments, and he always says, "Mom, who lives in our Carolina house?" He misses North Carolina, and so do I.
I especially miss my sweet friends, our Carolina family.
Six months ago, our living room looked like this. It looks very different now.
We have certainly come along way in 6 months!
1 comment:
Aw, can't believe it has been that long. (Loved your mailbox plant--I always watched it grow out my office window). Hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Arkansas!
Post a Comment