Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm Four


Kohen:  Is it my birthday?
Mommy and Daddy in a sleeping stupor: Uh...yes!  Happy Birthday!
Kohen: I'm 4, I'm 4, I'm 4!!!   What are we going to do today
Mommy and Daddy: Whatever you want to do! 
Kohen: I want DONUTS! 

The big birthday morning started out with donuts. Kohen had this donut trip planned because around 7:45am, Liza knocked on the door. She was ready to go get donuts too :)  Liza is home this week for spring break, and my boys are in HEAVEN!  Liza's mom told me that they were driving home from gymnastics, and Liza told her to hurry up because she had to get home to her boys :)  So precious! And, we are so blessed, yet again, to have amazing neighbors that we consider family! 

Around 7:30am, the phone started ringing, and Kohen felt like a celebrity! Nana called. Nanny and Pa Pa called. Mrs. Tiffany called. La La called. Mrs. Katie called. Mimi called. Cousin Brayden called. It was a very special day in the world of Kohen!

Kohen had a special visitor too! My dad, Pa Pa Mitchell, pulled into the driveway to wish a very special boy Happy Birthday! 

Dinner was special too. Kohen ran into the house and said he wanted to eat at the place with fire?!  What?  Liza interpretted: Kohen wants to eat at Shoguns. He thinks it would be fun to see the fire stuff.  Ha!

Off we went to Shoguns, and it was so fun!  Wyatt didn't enjoy the fire, but I enjoyed the cuddles, so it all worked out fine! 

The icing on the cake came at the end of the day-Nana came to town! Kohen and Kyle drove over to Aunt Jo Jo's house to give Nana a hug. 

What a perfect birth-day for my big boy, who weighs 34 pounds, which is too small for a booster seat, which I'm fine with, but Kohen wants nothing more than to sit in a booster! No idea why! Kohen sleeps great, but on occasion, a little boy sneaks down to our room and whispers, "Can I cuddle and snuggle with you?" Uhhh...how can anyone turn that down!   He loves his preschool. He loves he friends. He still loves his trains, but he did tell me he was a little big for trains these days. He thinks he'll move on to cars and trucks. He eats just enough to survive. He loves anything with sugar, and I think Liza and Nana are his two favorite ladies in the world!  I used to top the list, but since I make him bathe each night, I'm out.  He loves to read his bible, and he reminds me each night that we need to read a chapter. And, he puts his hand out flat, licks his sweet finger, and pretends to flip pages in a book. His face lights up as he pretends he found a picture of someone. He says a little prayer for that person, "Dear L-ord, I p-way for Henry Bean. I p-way he has a good day. The End. Amen!"   It is precious, and he always prays for Henry and Charlie first, then Kam and Kad, then Liza, and then Wyatt, Kyle and finally me.  Sometimes he prays for Nana and Pops, but he usually just asks if he can go to their house on Thursday, which seems to be the day of the week he believes is the perfect day to go to Nana's house. 

Kohen, my doll, you are a dream come true for me. From the moment I held you, I knew you were meant to be mine. You still take my breath away, and your sweet heart makes me smile with pure joy. You really do make my heart melt, and I love you. Ps. Your daddy loves you too, but since you think daddy rules the world, I want to make sure you know that I love you too :) Ha! 


Just a few of my favorite pictures over the past four years! 









No comments: