Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Trevor Endeavor

When we moved to Arkansas, I left one my dearest friends, Laura Prillaman.  Not only was she one of my best friends, but she was our go-to gal. When we went into labor with Wyatt, we called La La. When we were sick and desperate, we called La La. When we had a crazy, over-done-it and momma needs help! birthday party, we called La La. When I was F.A.T pregnant and in need of a walk, I called La. Best of all, she was my workout partner. Most days, for an hour, I worked out with her. Next to Kyle walking in the door in the evenings, it was one of the best parts of my day.  I've missed those hours terribly, and I miss her.  

Enter Stephen Turner. 

Stephen Turner is a former cheerleader at the U of A. He cheered with my other best friend, Misty Flynt. I recognized him, but I didn't know him well. I knew I needed a La La, a motivator, a friend to work out with. I watched every trainer at the Club. I was a stalker.  I was looking for someone to make my "hour" fun, and Stephen Turner was the man. I've done sit ups and hand stand push ups in front of a funeral home! I've been working out with him for about a month, and last week, he told me about this young man named Trevor, who was injured in a car accident. It is a TRAGIC story, but Trevor is turning his story around, and my friend, Stephen, is helping him do just that.  

The story was picked up by the local news, and while there are only a handful of supporters today, I hope this kid is overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity of my friends and family.  Last month, I had 6,000 blog hits.  I'm not sure why 6,000 people are interested in my crazy (but wonderful!) family, but I am honored by it. I encourage you to read this story, watch the video, and trust that I know Stephen can help this young man meet his goal to walk across the stage at his high school graduation.  I also know that some of the money will help his family buy a membership to the Fayetteville Athletic Club so that his entire family can use the amenities to workout with Trevor and Steve. 

Please help me to support this young man!  Email me at candicejohnson.ar@gmail.com if you are interested in supporting this event.  



No comments: