Thursday, June 21, 2012

Best decision I've ever made!

Before we had kids...I bet I say that a million times a week :)

It is true! Before a couple has kids, you just think you're tired and overworked. You really think you miss your spouse if they are out of town or working late.  And then...kids enter the picture and you learn what it means to experience a whole new level of exhaustion! 

Today, we are celebrating our anniversary. I married this cutie 9 years ago, and boy was I excited. I still remember bouncing around my house singing, 'I'm gettin' married today!'  I was so happy and proud to take Kyle's last name, and I thought nothing in the world could make me happier. 

I was only partially right. 

I'm not adventurous anymore. Becoming a mother sucked all the adventure-seeking fun right out of me :)

But, before we had kids, I liked to be a little crazy. Kyle took me on trips, and I loved it, and here, I didn't feel great. I had no idea that I was about 5 weeks pregnant with Baby Kohen. 

We even traveled to DC. a few times. So fun! Traveling without kids is SO much easier!

I know this isn't the greatest picture, but we were SO excited (and nervous) to find out that we were leaving everything we knew to be "normal" and move to North Carolina!  You can't tell, but I had tears of excitement running down my cheeks! I was ready for a new adventure! How fitting for Kyle to have that Carolina blue shirt on for this special day :) 

This is even before we were married, and I only shared kisses with this boy. Now, I share kisses with two more little boys :) 

I think we were about 8 weeks pregnant here with sweet Kohen. Boy was I excited (and SICK!) Kyle isn't showing it, but he was SO nervous! This is only moments before we told his family about baby Kohen. 

There was a time when this big, hairy dog was our only concern in the world. 

 Then, when the time was just right, God blessed us with this wild little boy, and my husband became a  daddy. I fell more in love with him that day than I thought was heavenly possible.  

4 years of dating + 9 years of marriage + 2 little boys + 3 houses + a multitude of graduations, diplomas, and long hours = a VERY WISE decision to get married June 21st, 2003. 

I love you, Kyle Johnson!  


PS. I also learned that it is high time that we get some new pictures of the two of us!

No comments: