Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Missing and sold!

Well, today is my birthday. I really don't like my birthday, which is hard to believe considering I go buck wild over the three other birthday celebrations in my house, but I just don't like mine or look forward to it-UNTIL this year!  Holy cow-it has been a great day!  

My sweetie brought me Starbucks this morning, and breakfast from this place called, "Kolache."  I hope that is how it is spelled, but it is this place in Johnson and it was INCREDIBLE! Breakfast was followed by lunch with my mom, niece and Wyatt.  It has been one great day already! 

There is someone missing from my perfect day though-my sweet Kohen is in St. Louis, having the time of his life! He is with cousin Brayden, Nana and Pops. I know he is having a blast, and I'm sure he hasn't thought of me or his Baby Wyatt even once, but I sure miss that little boy. And, Wyatt misses him terribly. He just yells his name all day. It is so sad! 

I talked to him a little earlier, and he wanted to know where I was having my party. I was sure to tell him that we would not celebrate until he gets back :)  He seemed so relieved.  He also asked about my cake, which is lemon. He was also relieved when I told him I would save him some.  He is my kid, after all :)  
A while back, we/I decided that I need/want a car with a third row, something we could all fit in, even when Nana and Pops came to visit. Kyle entertained the idea, and I'm quite sure he never believed I would act on anything. Well, a year later, I've decided what I want, I've done all my research, and I'm ready for my third row.  So, I listed my car on craigslist, and again, I'm sure Kyle just entertained me because he never believed I would sell it. See, like houses, I get VERY attached to my cars. We've moved three times in this car, and more importantly, we've brought home our babies in this car, and I loved it. But, it was time to say goodbye, and we did. I sold it. I did. And, Kyle nearly had a stroke. See, he doesn't like to spend money. I don't either, but I want that third row. 



Well, after the guy pulled out of the driveway with my car, Kyle told me that he is looking forward to us being a one-car-commuting family. What?! He thinks we will enjoy the quality family time-in just one car. He's not funny-at all. I told him to go after the guy and get my car back! ha!

Now, I'm ready for my new car. Kyle needs to get the checkbook ready!

No comments: