Thursday, September 27, 2012

Best friends, Awana vests, and c-monies!

These two little boys are best buddies. Kohen started AWANAS this year, and he loves it. I'm sure he loves learning about the Lord, but I also know he LOVES going because he will see Zach. 

Before AWANAS, Kohen and Zach go to a kids choir class together. Zach is familiar with the program because he did it last year. I was a little nervous about it because these boys are wild and busy. The first night, I asked the teacher how they did. She told me that Zach entered the room, got everyone's attention, and said, "This is my friend Kohen. You need to know his name!"  Then, he pointed to each person as they repeated Kohen's name. 

People, that is a best friend! They are wild, and they are crazy, but how sweet is that?!  
I will never forget that story!  

Notice that Zach already has his vest. We've been in Awana's for about 4 weeks.  There hasn't been a day that Kohen hasn't asked WHEN he will get HIS vest.  

 Tonight was the night! 

 Kohen received his vest at a "c-mony." Yep.    He had a ceremony, but Kohen called it his c-mony. 

He was so proud too! 

Zach earned some badges too! 

So proud! 


Ahh...now they all have their vests.  

So proud of this little boy too! 

He even wore it to bed, over his pajamas. 

Badges too! 

I'm sure he will hate wearing this when he's older, but for now, it is SO cute! 


No comments: