A few weeks ago, we were at a park and my baby boy broke his slide. It was horrible. I've had a hospital experience with Kohen that was pretty miserable, but hearing this little boy scream for three days broke my heart in every single possible way.
So many people see Wyatt's little cast and their hearts just melt. Everyone asks him what happened. He has answered the question so many times that he has a little spill. Goes a little something like this...
Random stranger: Ahhh....what happened?
Wyatt (and in one breath!): I was sliding down a slide and I put my leg up on the side and it BROKE my leg.
No one can understand him because he says it SO fast, so we always follow up with, "He broke his leg sliding down a slide."
This happened on a Sunday evening, and we went to the emergency room, they splinted him, but we couldn't get his cast on for 3 days. While we waited for his orthopedist appointment, this little boy was in so much pain. It really was horrible. He spent three days in my bed, not willing to move, and when he wasn't sleeping, he was screaming. Seriously...miserable!
A sucker can take ALL the pain away...until it's gone.
His position...
until the next day...
The only time he smiled, was when his little buddies would come visit him. Thank you Lord for these little friends because I needed to see this doll smile.
As soon as he got his cast on, life was GOOOOOD! Wow! What a difference a cast can make. He's back to his old self. He scoots all over the place, and today, he told me that he would be kinda sad when his cast came off. Why? He likes everyone carrying him around! Little stinker!
I have to say a little something about big brother Kohen. It has been scary watching his little brother be in so much pain, but when mommy and daddy needed a little reprieve, Kohen always knew how to make little brother smile. He is the most sensitive, kind and loving little boy I have ever seen.
Kohen, you are the coolest big brother ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment