Sunday, September 7, 2008

Laughter Really is the Best Medicine!

Amanuel just flew in from Ethopia, and he will be here for 10 months. He is living across the street with Scott, but I am so excited to be part of his American experience! Poor kid has no idea what he got himself in to :) He's so adorable, kind, polite, and I'm thrilled to pick him up at school everyday, and he is having dinner with us on Wednesday nights. His only request was, "no pork." He's a sweetheart, and I can only pray that he has an amazing time while here in North Carolina! Amanuel and Kohen are already buddies! Kohen "knew" him for less than 20 seconds before he cuddled him! Welcome to America, Amanuel! And, good luck on your first day of school!


Did you know that laughter is referenced in the bible 42 times? Me neither! But, it wouldn't matter if it was referenced on every page. Until today, I did not know that laughter could be so sweet. There is just nothing better than a sweet baby giggling! We live at the end of a cul-d-sak, and we truly have the most wonderful neighbors. Our dear friends, Scott and little Kai, were tickling and talking to Kohen, as they have done a million times, and out of the blue, we heard the most precious sound! Kohen has always been the happiest baby I've ever seen, and on a few occassions, he's let out a little giggle and he always has a big smile, but today, he belly laughed! You just have to hear the video. Oh, and FINALLY, Kyle was here to see/hear one of Kohen's firsts! Those "firsts" are always better in person!


2 comments:

the osbornes said...

SO cute!! Is that not the best sound in the world?? I LOVE Noah's belly laughs! Kohen is just too cute!

Katie said...

LOVE those belly laughts. Many more to come.