Kohen, at 8 months old, has cut four teeth (top two and bottom two), has had a double ear infection, and a very stressed out mom and dad!
Sometimes, I read blogs and I think, "Man, they must have the best life ever! They must have that fairytale life." I've come to realize that we must all write our blogs after our babies are in bed, and we've had a moment to decompress from the day. If I were to write my blog during the day, it (our life!) would not seem to be as wonderful as one might think it really is (just ask my mom!) Parenting isn't always a wonderful, whimsical wonderland. Instead, it is exhausting, so much that there are days that I think I can't get out of bed for another 3 am feeding, but I do and then I do it again at 4:30am. There are days that I don't brush my teeth until noon (or later!), and I've learned that I can make 3 day hair look good! So, my dear friends, I'm happy to admit that this parenting gig is tough, and it has made me tougher-I mean, like Garfield, Arkansas scrappin' tough! I can carry two babies, both in carseats, at the same time with a purse and diaper bag around my shoulders! I'm amazed by that! I get so many looks, and for the women and men who just stare at me, I have a look for them too! I'd say something to them, but I usually have my back up paci in my mouth. Seriously, just open the darn doors for me! Or, better yet, grab something!
Sorry, I'm venting! I'll talk about my glorious life again because it really is glorious and wonderful. Kohen is trying to crawl, but instead, he just rolls to his destination. He mimics me too. He makes all kinds of noises with his mouth, and he blows kisses at me, but forgets to actually blow them. He makes me melt too. As a mom, I can complain all day about the stupid stuff that goes on, but at night when I put my little man to bed, and he smiles at me, I forget about all the crazy things that happened during the day-I even forgive him for sticking his entire hand in his bowl of sweet potatoes and then rubbing them on MY face, just after I rushed to put on my make-up. When I go to pick him up in the morning, he buries his head in my shoulders. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything in the world. So, life is wonderland and whimsical, but only 99 percent of the time! Here...I'll show you!
He is my child...he loves pickles, which is wonderful! I always have them on hand too!
He also likes toast. Wow, you should see the mess that toast makes. Thank goodness for Swiffer mop pads. See...yet again, WONDERFUL!
1 comment:
Candy, I am so sorry you guys have had such a rough time lately! Hopefully before too long sweet little Kohen will be back to his happy self--sleeping through the night and all!!
and by the way, that cracks me up that he loves pickles! too funny
Post a Comment