It is truly official-we are going to Maui! We were up until the wee hours of the morning booking this trip, and I've spent every extra second researching hotels, flights, excursions, restaurants, hikes---I could go on and on! I'm packing my bags tonight, Kyle's packing his tomorrow...oh, wait just one minute. We aren't leaving until June.
What about Kohen? Nope...he's not going. His Nana and Pops are flying to North Carolina to stay with him. They are going to party for nine days while we pick pineapples and break our necks surfing. Kohen will walk with his Nana, wrestle with his Pops and he'll pull stickers off Hank. They'll go to the pool for Kohen's swim lessons, and they will likely go his regularly scheduled playdates. Henry's going to Sweden with his mom and dad, and Kohen will be left here alone caring for his Nana and Pops. What's a boy to do?
Why are we going to Maui? Duh...we NEED a break, people! Parenting is T-O-U-G-H! And, I'm going to be celebrating my dreaded birthday, and the Johnson couple will be celebrating 6 years of blissful marriage! We would have celebrated 5 years of blissful marriage, but we had a sweet boy join us, and life wasn't all that blissful. We didn't sleep for a long time. I was tired, hormonal, and fat. There was no way I was putting on a teeny weeny polka dot bikini! Sadly, my sweet Amanuel will have just left to back to Ethiopia. On a serious note, we will be devastated when he leaves. Kohen will cry, I will weep, and Kyle will cry for his tall, African son! We need to getaway to take our mind off of his leaving. I already cry thinking about this. I hate going a day without Amanuel, and I've never left my little son for that long. This will be hard. Very hard.
When we had Kohen, Kyle said, "Candy, we will be fine. Just remember that Kohen will have to be on the JV team." We are putting him back on the JV team so that the Varsity team can rejuvenate! So, Aloha baby!
PS. We did purchase trip insurance in case I chicken out. Don't worry. I won't, but just in case!
1 comment:
Have so much fun!! You will love it!!! Josh and I dream of going back! Hopefully we can one day soon!
Post a Comment