We haven't really slept well since our little Kohen joined us 2 1/2 years ago. My sweet Kohen didn't sleep well as a baby and while he sleeps some now, he just wakes up a bunch through the night. He wakes up and SCREAMS "MOMMY!" It drives me nuts, and I usually wake up sleepier in the morning that when I went to bed at night (usually at 8:30pm!), and on nights that Kohen actually sleeps through the ENTIRE night, he wakes up at 5am or 6-FOR GOOD! Kyle is EXHAUSTED, and I'm so sleepy that I was leaning over on Kyle looking at something on the computer, and I fell asleep. Something has to change. We don't spend a lot of money on frivolous things. We just don't. When I found this Goodnite Light that a friend told me about, I was shocked to find out that with shipping it would cost just over $40. Seriously, it is basically a night light, and it is a little bigger than my hand.
We were desperate, so we ordered it a few weeks ago, and it may be my favorite purchase EVER! You can set a clock on the back of the light, so we set it for 7:30pm, and at 7:30pm, the light turns blue, like the moon. We tell Kohen, "Mr. Moon is blue. What does that mean?" He yells, "Bedtime!" We set the morning light to come on at 7am, so at 7am +10 seconds, Kohen springs from his bed and yells, "The SUN is up! Come look at my sun! Hurry. The sun is up!" This thing works, for whatever reason, it works. We take it with us on trips too! I'm not sure why it works, but for Kohen, IT WORKS! Apparently, behavioral modification with a light works for him. Good to know!
Here's the link to the website: http://www.goodnitelite.com/
Oh, and the box comes with two batteries, the pricey ones too!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I might need to look into this! We have a three year old who gets up at 5:30 without fail!
i love it! our friend has this too and they swear by it. bedtime has always been great for syd, but naptime is killing me these days. maybe this will encourage her to "sleep" until the sun comes up at 4 o'clock! ;)
Post a Comment